The “Friends on the 4th” 5K Race is going virtual for 2020!
Due to COVID-19, large gatherings (of more than 50 people) are prohibited this summer. Since our 5K race attracts more than 600 participants and spectators, we have changed our race format this year. In lieu of gathering in Winthrop on July 4th, we invite you to run, walk or jog wherever you are, anytime between Saturday, June 27th and Saturday, July 4th at noon. Here’s how it will work:
- Sign up via RunSign Up
- Choose to either complete the 5K all at once and submit your time, or complete the 5K at your leisure.
- Pick up your commemorative “Friends 5K” T-shirt at the FOCW office, or have it mailed to you (please note: there is a $6 charge for shipping & handling, payable through RunSignUp).
- Help us raise additional support through your very own race fundraiser—or join a team to fundraise together. Ask friends and family, near and far, to donate so that you meet your fundraising goal.
- Complete your 5K anytime during the week of June 27th to July 4th, submitting your time (if you choose) by noon on July 4th.
- Daily prizes (from June 27th to July 4th) will be awarded to participants who share their progress, training, and fun by using the hashtag #virtualfriends5k2020 on social media!
- Medals will be sent to the top overall male and female finishers.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top individual and top team fundraisers!
- Results will be posted by Back40 Events on July 4, 2020.
To register for the 2020 event online, please click here.
To download a mail-in registration form for the 2020 event, please click here.
Complete results for the 2019 race have been posted. Click here to view them!